When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
Effective May 25, 2018
Information We Collect
We collect information to provide better services to all our users — from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which spectrum you’ll find most useful, your use habit.
- Information you provide directly to us;
- Information we collect about your use of our Services; and
- Information we obtain from third-party sources.
Use and Sharing of Information
We use the information we collect to, among other things:
- Provide the Services you request
- Understand the way you use the Services so that we can improve your experience
- Provide customized content and advertising
- Otherwise with your consent
- Business partners - trusted companies that may provide information about products and services you might like.
- Service providers - companies that provide services for or on behalf of Spectrum Genius.
- Law enforcement - when we are required to do so or to protect Spectrum Genius and its users.
What Information do we Collect about you?
When you use the Spectrum Genius service, we may collect the following information:
- Account information: When you register an account with us, we will need to collect certain information from you. You can create or revise this information. You may also opt to add certain information to your personal account, such as a personal photograph, resume/CV, and other details to be displayed in our service. You have the sole right to determine whether such information is publicly disclosed.
- Content you provide as a result of using our products: Service content may include your records which we have collected and stored as a result of your use of the Spectrum Genius website and mobile app as well as data you have provided which may be published, transmitted, received, and shared. Such content may include basic login information, spectrum measurement records, model and/or serial numbers of your smart phone or other device, Lighting Passport device serial number, and GPS location at the time measurements were taken.
- Information you provide to us through various customer service channels: Our Services also comprise customer service. You may opt to submit certain information to us concerning problems you may have encountered when using our Services by contacting our team via e-mail or telephone, during which time you may be asked to provide certain information to facilitate troubleshooting, such as a summary of the problem, details concerning use conditions, the model or serial number of the device in question, software version number, or screen capture images.
We use data to build better services
We use the information we collect from all our services for the following purposes:
- Provide our services
- Maintain & improve our services
- Develop new services
- Provide personalized services, including content and ads
- Measure performance
- Communicate with you
To whom do we disclose your information?
- We will never use your information (including spectrum data) for any purpose other than a purpose to which you have given express consent.
- We may use your information for independent marketing purposes or disclose your information to a third party for other commercial purposes where you have consented to do so. Furthermore, we may disclose your information to the following entities:
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- You have the right to use the functions provided through the Spectrum Genius platform to select on your own accord the recipients with whom your data may be shared.
What do we do to keep your information secure?
Consent to the Transmission of Personal Information Across National Boundaries
Access to Your Information
Third-Party Links and Products on Our Services
Third Parties that Provide Content, Advertising or Functionality on Our Services
Cookies, Beacons, and Similar Technologies
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the Services and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you have seen so that you don’t receive the same ad each time you access a Service.
- Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our Services and other websites and apps.
We collect various types of information in connection with the Services, including:
We may share your information with:
Other Information We Collect
We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information (e.g., information we request during Spectrum Genius Account registration), but doing so may affect your ability to use some Services.
We use your information to deliver our services, like processing the terms you search for in order to return results or helping you share recoreds for your contacts.
We also use your information to ensure our services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues that you report to us.
The information we collect as a result of providing the Spectrum Genius service may be used to develop new services. For example, information that we collect to understand how a user of Spectrum Genius uses the Spectrum Genius Mobile Plus app may be used to help us design and launch a new application (such as an agricultural lighting app).
We use the information we collect to customize our services for you, including providing recommendations, personalized content, and customized search results.
Depending on your settings, we may also show you personalized ads based on your interests. For example, if you were to specify in your account settings that you were interested in agricultural lighting spectra, content relating to "agricultural lighting" might be given priority to be shown to you in the future.
We don’t show you personalized ads based on sensitive categories, such as race, religion, sexual orientation, or health. We don’t share information that personally identifies you with advertisers, such as your name or email, unless you ask us to.
We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used. For example, we analyze data about your visits to our sites to do things like optimize product design.
We use information we collect, like your email address, to interact with you directly. For example, if we receive a request from you relating to a lost or forgotten password, we will send you an e-mail which allows you to reset your password. Or we may let you know about upcoming changes or improvements to our services. And if you contact Spectrum Genius, we’ll keep a record of your request in order to help solve any issues you might be facing.
2-1 Business Partners. We also may share your information with trusted business partners, including wireless carriers. These entities may use your information to provide you with services you request, make predictions about your interests and may provide you with promotional materials, advertisements and other materials.
2-2 Service providers. We also may disclose your information to companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with billing or that send emails on our behalf. These entities are limited in their ability to use your information for purposes other than providing services for us.
3-1 to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
3-2 to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and
3-3 to protect the rights, property, or safety of Spectrum Genius, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
3-4 Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions. We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
We offer a variety of choices about how we use your information. You can make choices about whether to receive promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the communication. In addition and often times, you can also make choices by changing your settings for specific Services or when we give you a just-in-time notice, or by visiting relevant webpages.
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
Subject to applicable law and area of jurisdiction, you may have the right to request certain details concerning the information we collect from you as well as rectify any errors which may exist in said information. Making such a request shall in no way impact any other lawful rights you have as a user. Where permitted by law, we may collect a small fee from you for handling such a request. We may refuse to process requests which we deem to be unreasonable, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by law.
If you would like to submit a request to access your information, please contact our customer service department through the following URL: https://spectrumgenius.com/website/contact
We take reasonable steps to ensure that information about you is available only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
We enable you to share certain materials on the Services with others through social networking services such as Facebook、Email、 Line、Facebook Message、Hangouts、Wechat.
Spectrum Genius does not control the data collection and use practices of these companies. Some of these companies participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive targeted advertising.
Please visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative "http://networkadvertising.org" and Digital Advertising Alliance "http://www.aboutads.info/" to learn more.
If you connect with a social networking service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in, as well as other information that you allow us to receive when you connect with these services.
Also, please note that if you choose to connect with a social networking service on a device used by people in addition to you, those other users may be able to see information stored or displayed in connection with your account on the social networking service(s) with which you connect.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (16) without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen (16) has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions.
Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
When you use a web browser to access the Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies. Please note, however, that some Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Services, or certain parts of them.
Other Local Storage
We, along with certain third parties, may use other kinds of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with our Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your device and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your device from standard cookies, and so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. For information about disabling or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please click here "http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html".
We, along with certain third parties, also may use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We and certain third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
By accessing and using our Services, you consent to the storage of cookies, other local storage technologies, beacons and other information on your devices. You also consent to the access of such cookies, local storage technologies, beacons and information by us and by the third parties mentioned above.